SUSIE is an advanced, wireless and tetherless patient simulator and learning resource solution designed to facilitate the delivery of effective and realistic simulation learning experiences to nursing learners of all levels. SUSIE includes everything you need for rapid integration into your nursing curricula in one easy-to-use package.
Perfect for both skills training and clinical simulation experiences.
SUSIE is realistic and completely wireless and tetherless. These great features enable you to deliver competency-building exercises in the skills lab and realistic clinical experiences in nearly all the environments where nursing care takes place.
A Complete Solution Built For Achieving Outcome-Focused Success
Includes 10 Nursing Simulation Learning Experiences (SLEs), facilitator’s companion guide, and tablet PC.
The Gaumard Nursing Simulation Learning Experiences (SLEs) provide a learning resource comprised of 10 outcome-focused scenarios designed to replicate a clinical situation. Each comes complete with a detailed facilitator guide for setting up, planning, and facilitating the learning experience.
• Acetaminophen Overdose / Liver Failure
• Acute Myocardial Infarction – Level 2
• ARDS Secondary to MVC – Level 2
• COPD Exacerbation – Level 2
• Diabetic Ketoacidosis
• Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalance – Level 2
• Heart Failure – Level 2
• Pneumonia – Level 2
• Potential Cervical Carcinoma
• Sepsis – Level 2
Each Nursing SLE includes the following key features:
• Purpose of the SLE
• Evidence-based rationale for the topic
• Learning objectives of the SLE
• Competencies addressed
• Psycho-motor skills needed for successful participation
• Patient’s medical history
• Supplies needed for the scenario
• Provider’s orders
• Pre-briefing report to be given to students
• Scenario timeline with facilitator cues
• Scenario flowchart
Each Nursing SLE is mapped to the outcomes expected of nursing program graduates.
• NCLEX-RN® Test Blueprint
• BSN Essentials
• QSEN competencies
• IPEC core competencies